YOUR RIGHTS UNDER PACKAGE TRAVEL BOOKINGS
Regulation 5(2)(b): Information to be provided to the traveller before the package travel contract is concluded, where the use of hyperlinks is not possible.
Part 1: General
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Therefore you will benefit from all EU rights applying to the packages. We, Keeva Travel Limited will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole. Additionally, as required by law, we have protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes/they become insolvent.
Part 2: Key rights under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
- Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
- Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
- Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
- The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, has changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
- Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
- Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
- If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
- Should the Traveller wish to cancel a booking which has not yet taken place for any other reason than those stated above, there will be a £30 per person administration fee applied. This is to cover the administrative duties we would undertake on your behalf, liaising with our suppliers, operators and airlines.
- Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction or compensation for damages or both where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
- The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
- If the organiser becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured. Keeva Travel Limited are an Accredited Body Member of the Travel Trust Association. Our membership number is Q8816. We provide security for flight inclusive packages by way of a bond held by the Civil Aviation Authority of 45-59 Kingsway London WC2B 6TE www.caa.co.uk.
- In respect of non-flight packages, Keeva Travel Limited has taken out insolvency protection by way of a trust account which is jointly operated by Keeva Travel and the Travel Trust Association, 2 Crown Square, Woking, Surrey,GU21 6HR, Tel: 01483545780. Travellers may contact this entity if services are denied because of Keeva Travel Limited’s insolvency.
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL certificate. This lists the flight, accommodation, car hire and/or other services that are financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. Please check your ATOL Certificate or ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, meaning any event beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
Brexit Implications: please note that certain travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports and changes to the visa requirements of British citizens travelling to, within or through the EU. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our customers as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed bookings that will be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, we would treat any such changes as Force Majeure, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements or refunds where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation.
Part 3: The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018